The great thing about this salad is that you can really use whatever vegetables that are in season. And it you cook too many vegetables, they will keep wonderfully for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Lots of vegetables: 3 courgettes, 2 aubergines, 2 fennel, asparagus if in season, 2 peppers (red or orange), 2 red onions, lots of large mushrooms. Lettuce for base. Wash them all well.
- 1 lemon, cut in half, a sprig of thyme, 3 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup good olive oil
- Slice Cougettes & aubergine lengthwise into slices about 1/2 inch thick
- Slice fennel into rounds about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut peppers into quarters
- Slice red onions into rounds about 1/2 inch thick
- Slice mushrooms into large thick slices.
- Lightly oil the various vegetables, and lightly oil your grill.
- Grill all vegetables until lightly cooked, making sure that everything still has a bit of bite to it. The asparagus will try to run away, but keep chasing them because they are so good grilled!
- Put each half of the lemon on the grill, cut side down, and grill for 5 minutes. Squeeze out the juice when cool.
- Peel the peppers and slice into thin strips. Slice courgettes & aubergines into thin strips.
- Mince the garlic into a bowl. Add olive oil. Slowly drizzle in lemon juice and whisk it to emulsify. Add thyme.
- Layer the vegetables artistically on the lettuce base and drizzle the dressing over top.
One thought on “Grilled Vegetable Salad”